UGPulse.com: Uganda Travel and Tourism News and Articles
Latest on UGPulse.com travel and tourism
- Plate Cafe's Underestimated Glory Whenever you can, do pass by at Plate Cafe; my treat.
- Eureka! I've Found It Many Ugandans unfortunately may not understand the pleasure of relaxing outside the confines of a large busy hotel or a neon dotted bar and so may opt out of Eureka.
- Kingfisher Resort: Destination Jinja Kingfisher Resort, while beautiful, has rather confusing architecture.
- Mihingo Lodge; Wildly Wonderful From the dining and pool area, guests can enjoy the view of a westward oriented valley and its stunning evening sunsets over Lake Mburo National Park.
- All Terrain Adventures An approximately 10-minute drive from Jinja town and close to Kimaka airstrip, All Terrain Adventures is arguably one of Uganda's biggest treasures in the tourism domain...
- Roads Authority Goes to Work UNRA faces the challenge of being dismissed as a mere change of name for Road Agency Formation Unit (RAFU).
- Entebbe: Gateway to the Heart of Africa Entebbe earned its name from the Lugandan word 'ntebe' (chair). In pre-colonial times, the town hosted the office (seat) of the chief in Buganda who adjudicated in legal matters of the inhabitants.
- Katwe: Uganda's Hub of Creativity is Fighting to Keep its Identity Katwe is famed for being a center of creativity. Yet Katwe is fast growing into the most sought after business center in Kampala. A visit to the place will tell you why.
- Luzira: University of Understanding Mambo Bado parish, where most of present Luzira town lies, derived its name from the uncertain days of the 1970s - Mambo Bado is Kiswahili for 'You haven't seen anything yet'.
- Kampala's Centenary Park The best Italian pizzas in Kampala...
- Olive takes us to Kasenyi Landing Site When I arrived, most were sitting in little groups discussing the death of a recently drowned colleague.
- It is Year 2000: Ethiopia Celebrates its Third Millenium start September 12 2007 Our new year is always held on September 11th (or 12th in the case of a leap year).
- Rukungiri Town: A Town Weary of Political Battles It is almost a 12 hour journey by public means from Kampala.