UGPulse.com: Uganda News, Business, Sports, Heritage, Education, Health, Arts, Travel and Tourism
Latest on UGPulse.com
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Hasifa Kivumbi from Uganda At 25 years of age... Founder, Clean Water for Uganda project, Founder and CEO of 180 Doors INC, Spokesperson for the Uganda North American Association (UNAA).
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Tuakondja Dalila Veii from Namibia I recently started an events planning company: Royalty Fam Entertainment, where we specialize in hosting prestige Afro/Caribbean parties and events in and around the DC metropolitan area.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Fatoumata Diabate from Guinea I am part of the Student Government, the National honor society, the international students’ organization and I’m the activities director of the French club in my college.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Lauretta Hassann from Sierra Leone I believe I am a testament of the real stories of Africans in the United States and the title of Miss Africa USA will give me great opportunities and open doors so that I will continue to encourage people to see that if a former war refugee and immigrant can become an African success story, then so can they.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Hilda Akua Frimpong from Ghana While preparing to return to school for her Masters and JD in International Law and Relations, Hilda currently works in the Inside Sales Development department with Thomson Reuters. Just recently, Hilda was promoted into her new role as Team Lead, which has extended her experience within sales, marketing, communication and leadership.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Lily Ogechi Udumukwu from Nigeria Through a national fellowship award, I launched the iXL Initiative Incorporated; a nonprofit organization with the ultimate aim of upsurging human capital and tackling economic disparities plaguing my country.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Anita Ismail from Zambia I have always been career driven and I had dreams of moving to a different country abroad to pursue my dreams. I relocated to the USA in March, 2012. With a definitive goal of educating myself, I enrolled at Metropolitan State University of Denver where I am currently pursuing a double major In Economics and Accounting.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Yolanda Grace Yona from Zimbabwe I believe everyone was put on this earth for a purpose and it is important to find out what that purpose is.
- Miss Africa USA 2014: Contestant Adeliné Umubyeyi from Rwanda My principal long-term project objective is to increase the capacity of the proposed emergency task-force and expand the interactive network to include neighboring countries in the East African Community which is now possible given that the presidents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda continue to move towards socio-economic and political regional integration... a 21st century manifestation of pan-Africanism.
- Uganda Musician Amaru My art is so personal… kind of like a diary. Sharing it gives me closure in a sense, and allows me move on to the next chapter.
- Nyanda is Trouble One of the things that my manager Chez Gayle is actually working close with Talent Africa Group on is getting in more collaboration between Jamaican artists and African Artists because we know there’s a close similarity in the music and they are trying to use my project as the flagship for union.